We request you to read this policy document carefully before sharing personal information with us. By visiting our web sites, we assume, your acceptance to the practices described in this policy document.
This policy document covers the following areas relating to privacy of information provided by you:
- Personal information collected by BHR from its guests
- How you can access and/or correct your information
- Links to websites of third party marketers
- How long does BHR retain your personal information
- Should you want to opt out
- Dos & Don’t to ensure your security
- Get in touch for any clarifications
Personal information collected by BHR from its guests
There are a number of situations in which your personal information may be gathered by BHR to serve you better. At various touch points with our guests, we may collect the following personal information including, but not limited to: your name and contact information; date of birth; how you prefer to be addressed in communication from BHR, preferred modes of communication; your job designation and business address; spouse name, anniversary, credit card details, including the three-digit code that appears on the back of your credit card; member number of our loyalty programs, membership numbers of frequent flyer or travel partner programs you are enrolled into, your dates of arrival and departure from our hotels/restaurants/other outlets, your preferences when you stay or dine at BHR, your transaction history at BHR; offers you have availed of from third party marketers in response to communication from BHR. We may also record details on guests who have stayed or dined with you at BHR, including their names and contact details.
Besides the above, we may also collect the following:
- When you fill out a form (online or hard copy), stating your preferences when you stay or dine at BHR. Such information may include details relating to health matters.
- User name and password selected by you when you register at our website or become a member of our loyalty programs at our website.
- When you enroll in our loyalty programs online we collect your personal information and record your membership number and password.
- If you choose to reserve a room online we record your arrival and departure dates, number of guests in the group, details of guest rooms and tariff details.
- When you make a request for a proposal from our meeting planners, by visiting our websites.
- When you contact us with your questions or comments.
- From time to time, our website may offer a feature that allows you to send an electronic postcard or otherwise share a message with a friend. To fulfill your request, BHR may require personal information about the person to whom you are sending an electronic postcard or message, including name and email address, along with the text of any message you choose to include. Using this feature is tantamount to entitling us to store and use the recipient's name and email address.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
We do not knowingly collect information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, health, criminal background or political affiliations, unless it is volunteered by you. We may use any health-related information provided by you only to serve you better and meet your specific needs when you stay or dine with BHR.
How does BHR use the personal information collected from its guests
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us and we take it very seriously. We do not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers. We use your personal information to provide you with the services you request from BHR, to help you make room reservations, to provide you with information about conferences and events at BHR, to send you promotional material on BHR services by email, direct mail and phone, to conduct surveys from time to time, to make you offers sourced from third parties, per your stated preferences or usage pattern exhibited at BHR.
How does BHR share the personal information collected from its guests, including with third parties Within the BHR Group:
As a global company, to ensure that you enjoy the same level of service across all our Resorts and luxury residences, owned or operated around the world, we may share your personal information with resorts within BHR Group around the world. While doing so, BHR will ensure that your personal information is handled and safeguarded as per this policy.
- With third parties:
- We use the services of third party service providers to provide certain products and services like credit card billing, reservations services, call center services, management of the loyalty programs, mass mailings, for which it is necessary to provide personal information. These parties are contractually prohibited from using the personal information for any purpose other than those specified by BHR. We may provide information that is non-personal, to certain service providers for their use on an aggregated basis for the purpose of performing their contractual obligations to us. BHR expressly prohibits the sale or transfer of any information to any party outside of BHR by such service providers.
- From time to time BHR may partner with other companies to provide co-sponsored or co-branded promotions, products and services and may share your information with our co-sponsor. For example, we may co-sponsor some sweepstakes, prize draws, competitions or contests on our site with other companies or we may provide prizes for sweepstakes and contests sponsored by other companies. If you enter one of these sweepstakes or contests, we may share your information with our co-sponsor or the third party sponsor.
- In the event of a merger, consolidation, sale, liquidation or transfer of assets, BHR in its sole and absolute discretion may transfer, sell or assign information collected, including without limitation, non-personal information and personal information, to one or more affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
- BHR with or without prior notice to you, may have to share your information in order to comply with applicable laws or respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities or to comply with valid legal process, to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of BHR Group, its guests, employees or the public or to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain or to respond to an emergency.
- If you use a corporate credit card, your billing information may be shared with your employer.
How you can access and/or correct your information
You can access, print, correct and update your contact information by visiting this website’s Account section. You can close your account by contacting us at the email address listed below. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time.
By providing your personal information to us through this website or any App, you accept that we may retain your information. We may continue to process account-related information in order to fulfill our legitimate business objectives, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and for historical record and analytical purposes. We employ robust technical measures to prevent unauthorized access to account information.
To personalize your experience on our website or to support one of our promotions, we may assign your computer browser a unique random number called a cookie. "Cookies" enhance website performance in important ways like personalizing your experience, or making your visit more convenient. Your privacy and security are not compromised when you accept a "cookie" from our website. BHR does not use "cookies" to collect personal information. "Cookies" cannot read data from your computer’s hard disk or read cookie files from other websites.
We will also disclose personal information when required by law, in response to any demand by law enforcement or other appropriate government authorities, or if the personal information is pertinent in a legal proceeding or court action.
To prevent any unauthorized access, your credit card information is sent securely from your browser to our reservations office (using our secure web server and encrypted email). Credit card numbers are used only for payment processing and are not retained for marketing purposes. No credit card information is stored on the web server. We also request that you do not send us any sensitive information via email. Credit card information should only be provided to us via the online reservation form, which encrypts your credit card information to ensure your security.
Links to websites of third party marketers
From time to time, we may allow third party advertisers advertise on our websites. These third party advertisers may use technologies like cookies, pixel tags to track which ads your browser has seen and which site pages you may have visited. BHR has no control over the use of this technology or the resulting information and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
The BHR shall maintain the confidentiality of confidential information of customer, supplier or business associate of the BHR to which the BHR has a duty to maintain confidentiality, except when the disclosure of such confidential information is authorized or legally mandated. The confidential information includes all non-public information (including private, proprietary and other information) that might be of use to the BHR's competitors or harmful to the BHR or its associates. The use of confidential information by any associate of BHR for his/her own advantage or profit is also prohibited.
How long does BHR retain your personal information
BHR will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy document, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted/mandated by applicable law.
Should you want to opt out?
If we possess your contact information, we may want to keep you posted about our products, services and events, through email. Should you prefer not to keep up to date with BHR news and latest information on services and receive such marketing materials, please send an email to email@example.com
We will update your preferences as soon as reasonably practical. However, do note, if you opt out of BHR emailing list, as described here, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of affiliates, franchisees or business partners with which we have already shared your personal information, prior to the date of your opt-out request.
Dos & Don't to ensure your security
- For your own privacy we advise you not to include sensitive personal information in any emails you may send to us. Please do not send credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information to us via email.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
Get in touch for any clarifications
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org